Our goal is to help you find the best option for your cat. After all, they are a member of your family. We understand how important it is for your four-legged friend to have a grooming experience that is comfortable and safe.
Salon Grooming For Your Cat
If you’re like most pet owners, a grooming salon is probably the first place that comes to mind in terms of getting your furry feline squeaky clean. Salons have all the tools and products to groom your cat in a safe and effective way. If you choose a grooming salon like Lucky Dawg, you can rest assured your cat will be treated like royalty.
- Price: Grooming salons are typically more affordable than the mobile pet grooming option. This is largely due to the brick and mortar salon being able to see more pets during the day than a mobile salon. Due to the higher volume of pets being groomed, salons can keep their prices a bit lower. Sometimes, pet salon shops will offer in-store discounts and promotional offers.
- More Groomers: As the saying goes, “Many hands make for light work”. Grooming salons often have multiple groomers on staff. This means they can help each other with cats that might have special needs or behavioral issues. Multiple groomers also cover for each other. If your pet’s groomer cancels your appointment there will probably be another groomer to take their place.
- Flexible Scheduling: Scheduling and/or rescheduling appointments is often much easier in a shop type setting versus mobile pet grooming. This is because they have more openings available.
- Longer Grooming Times: For some, this can be an annoyance. However, if you have a senior cat or a pet with special needs, longer grooming may be beneficial.
- Distractions: Some salons have a receptionist or secretary for answering phones and checking in clients. However, some do not, which means the groomers will be distracted with other duties other than pampering your cat.
- Kennels: Some shops place pets into kennels while they wait for their turn to be groomed. This can cause anxiety and stress for your cat if the wait time is long.
- Noisy: Grooming salons are going to be buzzing with other pets, phones ringing, music, etc. Some cats do not handle this type of chaos, well.
Summary – There are pros and cons to salon grooming. Lucky Dawg makes sure your cat has the best possible experience at our shop.
Mobile Grooming For Your Cat
The pet grooming industry is growing by leaps and bounds each and every year. One trend that has recently hit the streets is mobile cat grooming. This convenient service offers many things for you and your cat. Be advised, there are pros and cons to mobile cat grooming.
- Convenient: When you don’t feel like leaving your house to go to a noisy salon, have the salon come to you! Mobile pet grooming is highly convenient for both you and your cat.
- Dog-Free: Most kitties don’t mesh well with doggos. The mobile grooming environment extinguishes any interaction between your cat and other client’s dogs.
- Faster Grooming Times: By comparison, salon grooming time versus mobile grooming time has about a 1-2-hour difference. Mobile grooming has your cat feeling fresh and fabulous in about 45 minutes.
- Undivided Attention: Your mobile pet salon groomer is only going to be working on your cat. Therefore, your kitty will be getting the star treatment and won’t have to share the attention with other animals.
- Price: Because mobile pet grooming is a convenience service, the price is often a bit higher than salon prices. Time, travel, and gas are factors that the groomer uses to determine their pricing as well as seeing less clients in a day.
- High Velocity Dryer: These types of dryers are great for speedy drying; however, they can be scary for cats due to their loud noises.
- Limited Scheduling: Mobile groomers may only be in your area at certain times of the month. This limits when you can have your cat groomed. A salon allows you more scheduling flexibility.
- One Groomer: Unlike a salon, mobile pet grooming only has one set of hands on deck. This can be a good thing in some respects but a bad thing in others. Some cats have special needs that require the help of multiple groomers.
- Mechanical Issues: Just like any mobile service, these groomers depend largely on their vehicles and equipment to be working properly. When a groomer has a mechanical breakdown, your appointment is going to either be pushed to a different time or day or even canceled altogether. This can be an inconvenience for you because you’ll have to rearrange your schedule.
Summary – Mobile pet grooming comes with the good and the bad depending on your cat’s specific needs.
Contact The Lucky Dawg Salon & Mobile Grooming Team Today!
Our pet grooming connoisseurs are standing by to answer your cat pampering questions! Are you undecided about whether mobile or salon grooming is right for your kitty? We can help you make the best choice based on your pet’s unique needs. Tell us how we can make you and your cat’s day brighter!
Make sure to like us on Facebook!